Hot Coffee

this morning i made myself a hot coffee, something i rarely do. 
i fill a small metal tea infuser with coffee grounds. i place it in a repurposed glass queso jar. 

i boil some water in a pot on the stove, and pour it over the infuser. i loosely close the lid and let the coffee steep.

it's sitting on my desk right now, in between myself and my keyboard. i take my first few sips. the scent of a fresh, warm, black cup of coffee wafts up to my nose. the sun shines through the window at just the right angle. and suddenly, i'm hit with all of these memories. 

because drinking hot coffee happens on rare occasion for me, each time i do is linked to a memory or a feeling.

early morning road trips
gas station stops
mcdonalds breakfast
before i was the coffee drinker

hotel breakfast

waking up to a house
filled with cousins, aunts, and uncles
the living room floor lined with
blankets and pillows

getting my "free" cup of coffee
on my early morning flight to a conference
(before i began my airport coffee tradition)

over caffeinating at conferences and gatherings
and being jittery on top of being nervous and shy
and drinking coffee instead of talking to people LOL

drinking hot coffee at home at all times of the day
after forming an addiction while in Korea

i just finished my coffee. feeling a little jittery now. there's leftover coffee ground dust in the bottom of my jar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quarantine graduated

Seattle, WA

My Experience with Curriculum